logo

Comments

Below you can find all comments and fishing reports left on the site (most recent first).

• You can leave a comment here.
  • This page has Comments listed in date order.
  • You can also check our Places to Fish list to see which places have comments/fishing reports.

1 week ago
Anonymous said

Fished this loch today.

I couldn't find any paths up to the Loch online or on maps so followed the wee stream up, nice waterfalls ect but it's hard going. I had a 35lb pack on full of camping gear, wouldn't recommend any more.

Got up to the Loch and the wind was awful. I waited up to 5 mins between casts at times and the wind came from all directions. Still managed 5 wee trout. Perfectly marked all on a claret bumble

Had to head of the mountain as the wind gust started to get to a dangerous level. Also my feet where soaked from crossing the stream down at parking. (Would be really useful if someone knows a crossing point, or path up to the Loch.)

reply (1)

Hi, I have fished this and the nearby lochans but it is a challenge. There used to be a footbridge near the house (it's on some old maps) but is long gone. In low water wellies will get you over but I have also done it taking boots off, wading over and putting them back on...

1 month ago
Anonymous said

Putting this here even though I didn't actually make it to Fada. A later than planned start coupled with the burn flowing into Cam in a decent spate meant a 40 min detour to find a suitable place to jump over. Having initially planned to push on to the hill lochs on the east of Suilven, I changed the plan to have a few chucks on Chroisg, on to Fada and then Cam on the way down. Well, Chroisg was so much fun I couldn't leave. Most of the fish came to dries: Elk Caddis and Half hog hoppers (fiery brown). No big fish but plenty of free rising trout - lots of fun had.

Headed straight for the hill lochs from the A837. Very foggy in the morning and a decent westerly gusting over 30mph. Caught plenty in all of the hill lochs, maybe a couple pushing 1/2lb but lots of smalls also. Wets were on green tailed Kates, black Dabblers, claret Muddlers.

Going down the hill to Loch Na Saighe Duibhe, got some respite from the wind and took a good amount on an Elk Caddis pattern. Wets above also doing well and fish were generally 3 to the lb with the odd one pushing 1/2lb

Further down the hill to Gruagaich, couple on the dries but the fish a bit more tricky to bring up than on Saighe Duibhe. Wets were the firm favourite here - similar mix of patterns as above and the fish were generally the same size.

1 month ago
Anonymous said

Spent the morning and most of the afternoon drifting between the islands on the 'first half' of the loch. Decent breeze with on and off rain all day until fishing became virtually impossible and too risky for me by late afternoon.

Plenty of fish up to around 3/4 lb mark. Wets doing the job were Kate Mclaren muddlers, claret dabblers, normal Kates. Not much fly life around that day but Sedgehogs (bibio colours) and DHE (fiery brown, natural) were bringing them up when drifting in to a lee.

1 month ago
Euan said

Hi, I was wondering about the use of canoes to fish in Assynt. I see AAG's rules say no launching of non club boats, but given there's no vehicular access needed, with canoes usually carried on the shoulder to the water, would this rule apply?

reply (2)
1 month ago
AAG Administrator said

Hi. Fishing from canoes or other personal watercraft is not permitted on loch assynt or any of the lochs managed by the Assynt Angling Group.

1 month ago
Callum said

Great day on this loch, had lots of really hard fighting fish mostly in the half pound mark but a couple of a pound all on the 'cow dung fly' and every one cast to a rising trout.

Had a woman telling me I wasn't allowed to fish the South West of the loch as she was the land owner, no signs to back this up, left me a bit puzzled to be honest and put a slight dampner on the day.

reply (3)
1 month ago
Admin said

Hi Callum

Could you drop me a private message through the contact form so we can sort this out offline?

thanks

Adam

Fished twice in early June during a week of warm clear weather. A steep pull straight up from the road to the Corrie. Fabulous atmosphere. Winds were gentle with occasional calm. On the first visit 3 fish were caught each about 1-1 1/2 pounds, with lots of stealth and patience, not to mention a 20'+ leader. The fish catching flies were an invicta, alexandria and a klinkhammer.

3 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi Adam,
Seonaid here from the A.C.T office in Stoer. Just to update you with our opening hours. We are now open from 9am to 2pm Monday to Friday.
Cheers!
Seonaid Eddy
6 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi, can anyone tell me if you can use float tubes on Loch Culag
10 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi,

I'm getting a error message opening interactive maps "API Key has been blocked by Administrator".
I've used this option before but suddenly it's not working any more.

A very good and informative site bij the way!

Frans Lodeizen, Holland
reply (1)
10 months ago
admin said
Hi Frans / Everyone

Apologies but we have a problem with the API with OS maps, which has put it out of action. It looks like this is due to an update that is beyond our immediate control. We're working on it and will update soon.

Thanks for your kind comments Frans

Adam