logo

Comments

Below you can find all comments and fishing reports left on the site (most recent first).

• You can leave a comment here.
  • This page has Comments listed in date order.
  • You can also check our Places to Fish list to see which places have comments/fishing reports.

4 days ago
Callum said

Great day on this loch, had lots of really hard fighting fish mostly in the half pound mark but a couple of a pound all on the 'cow dung fly' and every one cast to a rising trout.

Had a woman telling me I wasn't allowed to fish the South West of the loch as she was the land owner, no signs to back this up, left me a bit puzzled to be honest and put a slight dampner on the day.

reply (3)
2 days ago
Admin said

Hi Callum

Could you drop me a private message through the contact form so we can sort this out offline?

thanks

Adam

Fished twice in early June during a week of warm clear weather. A steep pull straight up from the road to the Corrie. Fabulous atmosphere. Winds were gentle with occasional calm. On the first visit 3 fish were caught each about 1-1 1/2 pounds, with lots of stealth and patience, not to mention a 20'+ leader. The fish catching flies were an invicta, alexandria and a klinkhammer.

2 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi Adam,
Seonaid here from the A.C.T office in Stoer. Just to update you with our opening hours. We are now open from 9am to 2pm Monday to Friday.
Cheers!
Seonaid Eddy
4 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi, can anyone tell me if you can use float tubes on Loch Culag
9 months ago
Anonymous said
Hi,

I'm getting a error message opening interactive maps "API Key has been blocked by Administrator".
I've used this option before but suddenly it's not working any more.

A very good and informative site bij the way!

Frans Lodeizen, Holland
reply (1)
9 months ago
admin said
Hi Frans / Everyone

Apologies but we have a problem with the API with OS maps, which has put it out of action. It looks like this is due to an update that is beyond our immediate control. We're working on it and will update soon.

Thanks for your kind comments Frans

Adam
10 months ago
Anonymous said
Decided to give the loch a few casts at around 7.30pm. Caught a lovely brown trout of around 1.5 lbs. gave a fantastic fight, jumping out of the water, diving deep taking line. Took a good time to bring in. Nothing else seen, put him back, beautiful trout. Caught on a small black and silver.
Cold and in bright sun didn't bode too well. Started very dour, but two great fish, one of 17 inches. Both on black pennel on the point, fished slowly.
1 year ago
Anonymous said
Fished here today for a couple of hours. Nice setting, but you'll generally need to stick to the swims close to the path unless you want ticks, as the heather is waist height. The other side is tree lined and looks even less accessible. A few trout of half a pound, the rest were 1/4 pound. All fell to Invicta. I had a muddler dropper on but no takes on that.
1 year ago
Anonymous said
The day hadn't started too well. By lunchtime I had had three trout, best about 6oz. A second boat with three anglers had also taken three but all within the first hour. A stiff breeze had got up and they decided it wasn't going to be their day and were going to find something better to do with their afternoon. I had a rethink and tied on about 25 yards of nylon to the fly line. To the business end I attached a size 12 sedgehog. With my makeshift dapping setup, I lined up a drift between the islands. The wind strengthened and I was able to get the sedgehog a respectable distance from the boat. The first drift resulted in an unsuspecting trout making what might have been, at the hands of another angler, a fatal error. By time to leave time, I had taken an additional 8 fish, resulting in a total of a dozen with the best just shy of 3/4lb. The fish are most definitely in Loch Awe, all you have to do is work out how to get them out! As a footnote, on a subsequent visit, both my fishing companion and myself contacted salmon between the inlet and exit burns!!
Hi there

I’m looking to stay in Nedd in September and would like to know where I can purchase a day ticket in advance, possibly on-line.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards
Allan Maxwell
reply (1)
10 months ago
admin said
Hi Allan

All the details for permits are on this site:

You can't buy online, unfortunately.

Hope that helps