Although probably best known for its game fishing, Assynt is also a hotspot for sea anglers.
Map - find some of the most popular places to fish on the Sea Angling Map below. Please leave your tips and comments on what you caught!
Shore fishing - You can fish from beaches, rocks, pier and from boats. Mackerel (in season), coley, pollack and flat fish can all be caught from the shore. There are even reports of sea bass being caught.
Boat fishing - Sea angling boat trips can be booked with North Coast Sea Tours who operate out of Lochinver.
Contact: Tony Macrae / Email: email@example.com / Tel: 07939 386330
The boat takes groups of up to 10. Trips cost, for the boat:
- £550 for a full day (7 hour) / £350 for half a day (4 hour)
- Rods can be hired for £10, rigs cost £3.
- Catches include cod, ling, haddock and mackerel.
Tackle can be bought from two shops in Lochinver:
- Mackay's Hardware, Culag Gardens, Lochinver IV27 4JR, 01571 844 442, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inverbank Newsagents, Inverbank, Lochinver, IV27 4JY (01571 844331).
Safety - Care must be taken when sea fishing. Please read this guidance: