For guidance you can see the boundaries of the various permit areas on this boundary map.
ACT Permit PricesDaily Permit: £10
Boat hire: £15 per day
Children fish free
ACT Permit outlets
- ACT Office, Stoer (Mon-Fri 9am-2pm) Tel:01571 855298.
- Drumbeg Stores Drumbeg (01571 833235)
- Clachtoll Beach Campsite, Clachtoll, IV27 4JD
- Flossie's Beach Store, Clachtoll IV27 4JD
- Lochinver Landscapes, Main St, Lochinver, IV27 4JY
- Mackay's Hardware, Culag Gardens, Lochinver IV27 4JR
ACT Boat permits:Boat permits are available from the ACT Office, STOER (Tel. 01571 855298). Office hours are 9am-2pm Mon-Fri. There is more information on Assynt Crofter’s Trust here.
AAG Permit PricesAssynt Angling Group sells its permits in 3 ‘zones’ - East, West and South.
Daily Permit: £7.50 - Single Zone only
Weekly: £40 - Roving (All Zones)
Season: £75 - Roving bank only (All Zones)
Season: £150 - Bank and Boat Inclusive (All Zones, limited to 10 boat hires)
All vendors (see below) sell day and weekly permits for all zones.
Season and boat permits are only available from Mackay's Hardware.
AAG Permit outlets
- Mackay's Hardware, Culag Gardens, Lochinver IV27 4JR (01571 844 442)
- Kylesku Hotel, Kylesku, IV27 4HW, Tel: +44 (0) 1971 502231; email:email@example.com
- Inchnadamph Lodge, Inchnadamph, IV27 4HL. Web: https://www.inchnadamph.com , Tel: 01571 822218
For more information on Assynt Angling Group, please click here .
AAG Boat Permits
Boats are available on many lochs and are £15 per boat (max 3 people). Loch Assynt with outboard £40 per day. Loch Fionn with outboard £30 per day. Maximum 3 anglers. Lifejackets are mandatory and are provided free of charge.
Boat permits are only available from Mackay's Hardware, Culag Gardens. Boats may be booked in advance from Sunday to Thursday. Friday and Saturday bookings can be made the day before. Mackays may be closed at lunch time on Saturday and all day Sunday. Boat keys for Sunday bookings can be collected on Saturday morning.
Assynt has a number of rivers that get runs of salmon and sea trout which visitors can fish for. You can access these in a number of ways.