Where to Buy Your Permit
For guidance you can see the boundaries of the various permit areas on this map.
Please note the changes to Assynt Crofters' Trust permit prices for 2016.
Daily Permit: £10
Boat hire: £15 per day
Children fish free
ACT Permit outlets:
- ACT Office, STOER(Mon-Fri 9am-1pm) Tel:01571 855298.
- Drumbeg Stores DRUMBEG (01571 833235)
- Tourist Information Centre, LOCHINVER (01571 844330)
- Achins Book Shop, INVERKIRKAIG (01571 844262)
- Lochinver Post Office, Main St, LOCHINVER
ACT Boat permits:2012 Update: Boat permits are available from the ACT Office, STOER (Tel. 01571 855298). Office hours are 9am-1pm Mon-Fri.For more information on Assynt Crofter’s Trust Sport and Game, please go to:
Assynt Angling Group sells its permits in 3 ‘zones’ - East, West and South.
Daily Permit: £5 Single Zone only
Weekly: £25 Single Zone only
Weekly: £30 Roving (All Zones)
Season: (Bank only) £50 Roving (All Zones)
Season: £100 - Bank and Boat Inclusive (All Zones)
All vendors (see below) sell day and weekly permits for all zones.
Season permits are only available from The Cottage Culag Square, Lochinver.
Permits Available from
- The Cottage Culag Square, Lochinver (01571 844076) GR093221
- Inchnadamph Hotel Inchnadamph GR252217
- Polcraig Guest House Lochinver GR095225
- Achins Bookshop Inverkirkaig GR088194
- Birchbank (Assynt Guided Holdiays) Elphin GR213107
- Inver Lodge Hotel Lochinver
- Lochinver Fish Selling Chandlery Lochinver GR093222
- Lochinver Post Office Lochinver GR094227
- Lochinver Tourist Office Main Street, Lochinver GR094224
- Sheiling Guest House Ullapool
- Assynt Angling Group fishing permits are also available from the Assynt Foundation estate office at Glencanisp. Grid Ref NC116222. Tel: 01571 844100
For more information on Assynt Angling Group, please go to:
AAG Boat Permits
All Waters: £10 - maximum 3 persons
Engine Hire: £15 per day (inc fuel)
Boat permits are available from Peter Hendrich, The Cottage (South and West zones) and Inchnadamph Hotel (Eastern zones).
Assynt has a number of rivers that get runs of salmon and sea trout which visitors can fish for. You can access these in a number of ways.
Assynt Crofters Trust
Sea trout run up the Manse system from Loch Roe through the Manse Loch and to Loch an Tuirc. These can be fished for on a normal ACT permit - see the Manse Loch for details.
Assynt Angling Group
There are a number of lochs and sections of river that come under the AAG’s permits that contain migratory fish. These are details on the AAG permit guide and include: Loch Assynt, Loch Culag, Loch Druim Suardalain, Loch Awe and Loch Ailsh.
Rivers Inver and Kirkaig
The most famous salmon rivers in the area are the Inver and Kirkaig. Most of the runs tend to occur from July onwards. Fishing in these rivers is owned by the Assynt Estate and is administered by CKD Galbraith. See http://www.sportinglets.co.uk/river-kirkaig.html (Kirkaig) and http://www.sportinglets.co.uk/river-inver.html (Inver).
The Assynt Angling Club (part of the AAG) sells day tickets to fish the estuary of the Inver in Lochinver. These can be obtained from Lochinver Post Office for £10.